Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving - Reach Out and Touch Someone

About a year and a half ago, I started this blog with a few goals in mind.

In all honesty, the main goal was to re-brand myself in an industry that I had been active in since the very beginning, although very much behind the scenes.

I felt things changing and I wanted to be positioned.  (Who knew??)  Like many entrepreneurs, I had had a few successes and a few failures.  Those that have been there know what I mean.  You learn A LOT.

What I didn't expect at all, came as a pleasant surprise from my activity on Friendfeed, Twitter and Facebook .... and a few other places.

Online friendships that turned to real ones.  Some in person, some on podcasts, and some on the phone.  All enjoyable and/or valuable.

In one case, someone had followed me on Friendfeed for a bit, liked some of what I had written, and recommended a client.  It turned out to be one of the most enjoyable (and fun!?) business relationships that I ever had.

If I start naming names, you might be reading this post until tomorrow.  Suffice to say that, I, for one, am grateful (and give thanks) to the entrepreneurs that brought us some of these great networking products.....

....and especially to the many, many 'electronic' friends that came through and  more often than not,  completely unexpectedly for this and other projects.

Those that know me well, know that I have always held out positive thoughts for the potential of the web, and the it's potential effect on the citizens of the world.  I still do.

There are many that have been affected by the current economic times.
In recent weeks, time permitting, I'll been doing a little of what I can to help these folks.
If you have an extra minute or two, even if it's just emotional support, try to help someone who needs it during this turbulent (insane?) financial chapter.

I take a lot of pride in what this modest blog has delivered in it's relatively short lifespan (and particularly in the many notes that I have received directly, from many of you).

Although posting has become a little sporadic, rather than daily, (It's been busy!), I've been thinking more and more about moving the content more to SEO and PPC to try and help those who need it. Many small business (and people) can't borrow money. They simply can't pay for it.

Those decisions remain ahead.

I'm thankful for the health and well being of my family and friends.

....and to all of you, who I've had a little fun with on Friendfeed, and to those that have followed this blog and sent suggestions, comments and other notes.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Charlie
posted / edited 2:50 pm et