Friday, August 22, 2008

I refuse to add a third monitor. Period.

Just when I thought I had things under control, a whole bunch of you decide to join Friendfeed, and then two people get me on with Rejaw (I like the UI!).

I had already joined and didn't even remember. Are things getting out of control here?

I'm not a great multi-tasker to begin with.

I do know the value of social media and actually enjoy it ... (most of the time :).

The time had come for a new 'personal formula'.

Not a time management thing.  Too much value in too many places, along with too many followers on Friendfeed.

So, I hope some of this helps some of you, keeping in mind it'll probably all change next month.

Firefox in tabs - Friendfeed (with Duncan Riley's little greasemonkey tabs at the top), Gmail and GReader and Rejaw.

Hide the Twits in Friendfeed (no offense) and use Twhirl.Whammo!  Not only is my (readable) stream back on Friendfeed but now I can 'dent' too!

How cool is this?

I'm aware that I'm leaving more than a few out here.  I do the Digg and Stumble thing (and most of 'the others' once or twice a day) and continue to watch the evolution of SocialMedian which I think has ongoing potential.

I value my Facebook account apparently more than most and visit it (and use it) often.  I still can't get used to the new version, so I went back to the old one.

To many of you, this is nothing new.  I keep thinking about the 'noise' then I keep getting more followers and I DO have a tendency to follow back.

That principle has not let me down because some of the most interesting people are the 'new discoveries'.

Finally, I turn the computers (phones, etc) OFF a minimum of once or twice a day and one full day a week.

That way, I don't lose track of what's going on in the 'real world'.

I still like a good movie.

PS: Never engage in a live podcast at 11 PM with a laptop from bed.  That's just nuts.