Friday, August 20, 2010

1000 Posts and A Little Perspective

This is the 1000th post to SEO and Tech Daily.

If you had asked me if it would have run this long a few years ago, I probably would said ..."I seriously doubt it".

As some of you know, I originally started this blog with one basic premise in mind.

After some 5 years doing in-house SEO, my personal brand had almost evaporated (These days that can happen overnight ! :)  I felt, at the time, that a combination of news and perspective as well as unique 'takes' on the quantum economic shift being caused by the Internet (Search, social and mobile) would be a good way to re-emerge onto a scene that I missed (badly) .... while re-engaging with a lot of people that I missed as well.

That mission was accomplished very early on.

There are a lot of things that have been done here that I'm pretty proud of.  Maybe I'll point to a few in a future post.

I have gotten (more than) a few e-mails over the past few weeks asking "Hey ... What's Up Charlie" (referring to the fact that I haven't been blogging as often).

Those always made me feel good ... and still do.

So .. ugh ... here's what's up!

The web is a very different place now.  I still spend several hours a day reading and discovering new stuff.

I still share some of what I think you might find interesting from Google Reader to my Google Profile and Google Buzz.  I also wander around Twitter a bit and visit some 30 or so 'social' places, including start-ups, on at least a weekly basis. (Hey ... I still love this stuff :)

My Facebook Profile has now become a fascinating mix of former and current friends, colleagues, interesting tech personalities from the past and present, social media whiz kids .... and more recently, a few classmates that found me from elementary school ??!!

The web for me these days is mostly for staying current and having some fun.  I don't live, eat and breathe it like I once did ... and have actually worked very hard to disconnect on a regular basis (and find that extremely healthy).

Many of us in this biz, in recent months and weeks, have cut back from 'daily' blogging.  In fact, I've noticed more than a few high profile posts very similar to this one in recent weeks.

In all honestly, I have no idea at this stage if I'm going to take the blog back daily or not. What I do know is that I've made a lot of great friends right here .... and it's way to early to say SEO and Tech Daily is 'closing' or being sold ... or whatever.

Like one of the editors at Techmeme (Megan McCarthy), a lot of my 'online attention' has moved to the fascinating and ongoing convergence of various media and the Internet.  In fact, I think people will realize that, in retrospect,  Mediagazer is way ahead of it's time ..... as it continues to mature.

For the summer at least, posts here will be sporadic.  I intend them to be enjoyable, informative and hopefully somewhat unique.

I hope you do too.

Thanks you guys
Charlie

No comments: