Saturday, April 5, 2008

NY Times article - Coincidental thoughts ?

Earlier today, I was just about to write a piece about spending too much time in front of the computer, and how it can really be hazardous to your health.

I had taken several trips in the past few weeks, and it was becoming all too clear that I come back refreshed and objective each time.

I was going to explain why 'this place' doesn't moderate comments, is NOT monetized, and also why numerous other non-profit websites that we put out will be shutting down in the coming weeks (more on that soon).

This blog will continue. Why? It's NOT a source of income for me. I have made some great friends and learned more from colleagues, new and old, than I can count, and mostly, because I simply enjoy writing it.

For those of you that blog for a living, this piece from today's NY Times is must reading.

Good weekend gang
Charlie

Update: OM Malik, who was mentioned in the NY Times article, reacts here.