Tuesday, March 11, 2008

SEO fees may be tax deductible

I can just see the promotional pamphlets in reprint now.

"Our services may be tax-deductible. Check with your tax professional".

I'll qualify this piece by saying I am not an accountant, CPA or tax professional.

I did, however, review business versions of several major tax software packages this morning and they include SEO fees among a group of lesser-known business tax deductions.

I briefly checked the IRS website and could not find any reference to SEO or Search Engine Optimization.

Regardless, it's timely advice. It's also a great heads up for the industry to see if, in fact, there's a solid business base that can deduct SEO services.

and .... maybe you'll save a few bucks.

Update: One of our readers passed along this reference in the IRS online publications.