Thursday, July 16, 2009

NASA Continues to Engage Social Networks

I think many of us remember when 'marsrover' appeared in the early months of Twitter.

A NASA employee was Tweeting as if the Rover had a voice and it was just outright fun to follow.

With the launch of Space Shuttle Endeavor and also on the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11, I took a moment to visit the NASA website earlier today.

I know there's a lot of you 'space fans' that read this blog and thought you might find this interesting, despite the fact that this social expansion has been in place for a while.

NASA currently has numerous (make that A LOT) of participants on Twitter and Facebook, in addition to some awesome video and pictures galleries on YouTube, Flickr, UStream, and a presence on MySpace.

In addition, NASA now offers Firefox add-ons, Google Gadgets, Yahoo Widgets and more.

I looked through some of the Flickr images (please note the copyright!) this morning and a few of the videos.

Although you probably can't through it all in one day, the complete list (which you need to expand to appreciate), can be found here.

As for me ... I'm off to grab a gadget. This stuff is too cool :)

Charlie