Sunday, October 21, 2007

More tools added to Google Webmaster Central

OK, I admit it. I didn't look at Webmaster Central for a whole two days.

So I'm wandering around a few blogs and noticed ex-Googler (now Zillow er?) Vanessa Fox has a post on some cool new features. (Fox founded Webmaster Central while at Google and with continuing posts and lots of links to Search Engine Land, it appears she's still in very much in 'search' .... and not out selling real estate in Seattle ? )

The new tool we liked the most was the timeline, or as Google calls it, "historical information for query stats" but, as Fox noted, the neat little smileys are gone so I couldn't vote .... bummer.

More on Zillow (and a little shameless self promotion). Recently, we set out to sell our little Pocono house in trendy Milford PA. One of the first things I did was to see if the broker had put it on Zillow. To my surprise, it WAS on Trulia, but NOT on Zillow ... so I put it there (or here :).

Playing with more Googley stuff, I put up a back page on our flagship server and tried a Picasaweb slideshow, along with a static Flickr image to showcase the home.
Updated sitemap .... a few pings ....

The page ranked extremely well on Google in just days and even copped a few pretty good search terms then later it's rightful place among the numerous real estate brokers up here. Yahoo .... indexed but not ranked. Live ... It's there now. Ask ... Yep. Hmmm.

No sneaky tricks. Just messing around a little and trying to sell a house!

So here's the deal. Buy the place ... and get an hour of SEO and PPC consultation free?

Can't say I didn't try.

No comments: