Thursday, September 25, 2008

Blogger lets you share your blogs

Introduced a couple of weeks ago, Blogger is now letting you 'follow' (and share) other blogs directly on your sign-in profile screen.



(Click image to enlarge)

I'm not sure whether to call this a social network, an aggregator, or just a cool tool to let you see what others are saying before you post?

I originally thought it was Blogger-specific when it was first announced and held off trying it.  It's not.  You can add any RSS feed to the list, and the step-by-step interface makes it simple.  (Very simple).  You could, if you wanted, add your entire reader list (although I think for most that would be impractical).

This blog is produced in Blogger so I see that page each time I update.  I can think of a lot of possibilities utilizing this moving forward.

To try it out, all you need is a Blogger profile and simply go to the main page or draft.blogger.com.